TOTO CST624CEFG frequent clogs in NYC

Users who are viewing this thread

Dhoerl

Reaction score
My small company has two lavatories in their 8-th floor office in NYC. Each has a TOTO CST624CEFG. These lavatories experience almost continuous use during office hours.

About once a week there is a serious clog, and some volunteer has to come forward to unclog it (seems the young people of today are incapable of such tasks!).

I don't see any comments about this model here, but online owners wax about it. Its not an inexpensive unit either.

I should check that the fill level is correctly set - haven't done it yet.

But, is this an older 1.28G model? Is there a better one to replace it with?

Thanks for any comments!

Reach4

Reaction score
Check the fill level in the tank and the bowl.

Note the level in the bowl after a flush. Slowly add a quart or two of water to the bowl. If the level in the bowl rises and stays up for a couple of minutes, you need more bowl refill water during flushes.

legato_inside_tank.jpg

legato_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhoerl

Reaction score
Thanks! I work mostly away from the office, but will try this next visit and update this thread. Again, thank you very much for the advice!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
It's a TOTO Legato, very expensive one-piece. The price is just for the aesthetic design; the basic Original Drake should flush just as well. That said, it should flush okay. In an office environment, you would be shocked at what people put in there. Once a week wouldn't be out of bounds for most heavily-used toilets in a commercial setting, but it's a must that it be properly adjusted. Glad you are looking into it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks