Toto Aqua, sanitiser for the tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tjbaudio

Reaction score
We have had the aqua for over 6 months and we really like it so far. When installing it I noticed a sticker on the tank lid that says to not use chlorine based tank sanitizers as it can damage the valve. What tank sanitizer is safe to use? I want some thing that fully dissolves over time so I don't have to take some plastic bit back out or residue to clean up.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The water in the tank of a toilet (NOT the bowl) is clean tap water. It changes every time you flush so it stays fresh. In an emergency, you can even drink it. There is no way water or anything else from the bowl can get into the tank. Point is, it doesn't need sanitizing. Bowl cleaners that are placed in the tank are harmful to the innards of the tank and should not be used.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Check out the Fluidmaster Flush n Sparkle bowl cleaning system.

It is a system that is mounted in the tank, but, is applied directly down the overflow tube into the bowl bypassing the components that may be damaged.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Note that the product Redwood recommends is a bowl cleaner, not a tank sanitizer.

I didn't say I recommend it!
In our house we clean toiets and use nothing!

However, If someone is compelled to use these items this hopefully will prevent someone from using a product that damages all the rubber parts in the tank.

My Dogs and Cats like to drink that cool fresh water in the bowl...
Changed many times a day!:cool:

Tjbaudio

Reaction score
Well my wife is slightly disabled and we are both very busy people. The toilet starts to have a slight oder if not cleaned every week. What we are looking for is more of an auto cleaner for the bowl. I always thought they were called tank sanitizers. I know the real solution is to clean more often. However a little help is nice.

As for the pets we keep the lid down and give them fresh water.:D

I will check out the sparkle system.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would suggest a bowl cleaning product and a brush. A squirt or two of the cleaner and swish around with the brush and you're good to go for another week unless there is streaking that might require another application.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks