Toilet siphon tool

Users who are viewing this thread

HalM

Reaction score
Good evening. I'm a DIY'er.
What is a plumber's tool of choice for siphoning the toilet bowl to get the remaining water out of the tank and bowl, before servicing and removing them? Some type of siphon or large syringe? I'm looking for something quicker than a sponge. And, where do you get them?

Thanks,
Hal

sponge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Skeezix

Reaction score
Save time, aggravation, wear and tear on the car, and money. Use a towel. Takes 10 minutes to dry out a tank. Worked for me for 60 years.

towel.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
All of the above are all good answers. I prefer the liquid lock if I'm going to pull and reset a toilet. It takes up the least amount of space and I don't have to carry any extra tools.

I've used a similar hand pump to suck water from the bowl and tank and my brother showed me that you can suck water in, then just pump it over the weir. I've used towels and sponges to do the same. Shop vacs work great to remove the water from both as well...

But one trick I doubt most have seen or used is the shop vac blower. I don't like toilet water in my shop vac so I use the narrow wand and blow the water over the trap weir with the seat down or a towel over the bowl. Start with the wand in the bowl and the vac off or you will spray water all over the place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks