This is hysterical

Users who are viewing this thread

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Ignorance is bliss
I worked for a co op that is 27 stories and a stock holder on the first floor stated that he had his own plumber to do an alteration.
The managing agent said it ok but the plumbing had to be inspected by the buildings plumber (ME) prior to calling for an inspection by the city or before closing the walls.
I notified the stockholder my fee at that time was $250 pass or fail and he readily agreed.

I did the inspection and was there less then 4 minutes and said "FAILED."

As I was walking away the "plumber " followed me into the lobby and said "My man why you all say I failed" I said "because you did"
He said you're a liar how did I fail.

I said you used PVC for the waste and vent and NYC only allows PVC for residential up to 3 stories. (at that time)

That is when that idiot lost it and said "Man you must be crazy as I BE working on the first floor"
Now the CO OP owner came over and asked what happened I explained that the plumbing code goes by the type of building commercial or residential and building height.

He said ok how much to redo the entire job and refile it.

At that time I had no idea he was a lawyer and he hired me for a few cases.
Code interpolation is just as important as doing the actual work.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
you threw me by using "ME" rather than me, because the way I first read it, I normally think ME normally stands for mechanical engineer. Or is that M.E. only ? I don't know....I always enjoy your posts...after 50 years and mostly retired, I can't bear to tear my brain away from plumbing.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
The master plumber actulaly was pimping his license which is a great way to have it taken away.

He filed the job for $500 and let a guy from a 3rd world country do the work.

This is why NYC requires the LMP to own 51% of the company and the employees must work under the LMP with w2 forms to prove it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks