Terry Love is dealing with some cancer now

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been dealing with some medical issues related to my colon cancer surgeries from 2010 that showed their ugly face this year. I had started a couple rounds of chemo but things took a turn last Wednesday the 21st when I had a high fever. By Saturday I had a colostomy diversion. I'm taking a break from plumbing while we get this thing worked out. Today they adjust the drain.

terry-evergreen-01.jpg

GL77

Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear this, Terry. Why does it always seem to happen to the best people. I know that Seattle has some of the best cancer resources available and you are no doubt in good hands. Hang in there, we are all rooting for you.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Argh.. Really hoping you have a good prognosis and its just a minor setback. Will be thinking of you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have no idea of what will be happing, there had been a plan but now they are monitoring things, not sure of what comes next. I have little appetite, and then told not to eat until 2 today for a pelvic PT today. I have an infection, preventing chemo, which then delays any possible surgery.

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
I have no idea of what will be happing, there had been a plan but now they are monitoring things, not sure of what comes next. I have little appetite, and then told not to eat until 2 today for a pelvic PT today. I have an infection, preventing chemo, which then delays any possible surgery.
One thing I have learned about healthcare is you need to be your own advocate. Think of yourself as the project manager. If you don’t understand something, if something doesn’t seem right, or things are moving more slowly than you would expect, ask lots of questions, challenge the doctors, and/or to ask for a second opinion.

Cliffyk

Reaction score
One thing I have learned about healthcare is you need to be your own advocate. Think of yourself as the project manager. If you don’t understand something, if something doesn’t seem right, or things are moving more slowly than you would expect, ask lots of questions, challenge the doctors, and/or to ask for a second opinion.
^^^THIS^^^

In my ballses with health issues, I have found all of what Weekend Handyman" said to be true.

A doctor i respected--now gone-- once asked me;

"Do you know what they call a doctor that graduated last in their class?"...

"No." says I.

His followup: "Doctor."

Best wishes Terry!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I hear what you're saying about being your own advocate. In this case the wonderful team I have is helping me with what I was left with 12 years ago. It's very complicated at this point. Adjustments to treatment are being made and kept up with.
So I have my happy days and my OMG, we didn't think that was going to happen days.
I do like my "Team Terry". They are very diligent.

Mamba

Reaction score
I've been dealing with some medical issues related to my colon cancer surgeries from 2010 that showed their ugly face this year. I had started a couple rounds of chemo but things took a turn last Wednesday the 21st when I had a high fever. By Saturday I had a colostomy diversion. I'm taking a break from plumbing while we get this thing worked out. Today they adjust the drain.

View attachment 86081
Terry - praying for your quick and complete recovery. I have visited your site 2+ times a day for years to learn from you and your team of experts and have had no need to ask a question as they have all been answered to date - maybe later. Only joined to give my support. Best Wishes.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I hope that you get better fast...... sending positive waves your way,,,,,
It's slow going. Pain management got a bit wacky last night. I can eat and drink today, oh wait, just kidding. CT scan today.......when? I'm getting kind of hungry and thirsty.

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I hope your week is starting out good Terry , such a bummer to have your health go South. We all are rooting for strong recovery!!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks for the good thoughts.
They are scheduling things all the time for me. Leaning about all kinds of things. The Seahawks are on Monday Night Football tonight, our old quarterback Russell Wilson against Geno Smith, they both had the same QB rating last year.

terry-scca-2022-09-12.jpg

3:23 and it's clear skies tonight.
The photo below, taken from a seaplane looking West toward the Olympic mountains earlier in the week.

seahawks-12--1.jpg

The Seahawks play at Lumen Field.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks