Tank/pump question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimore

Reaction score
I'm new to forum, just joined, but been to Terry's site for advice when building a new bathroom last year.

Okay, my water tank, WellXtroll, 3/4 hp pump at 165', has some kind of problem. Here's what happens:

-when water is running, I hear a gurgling sound in the tank as if the bladder might be bursted. Also, the pump runs on/off -on/off - on/off constantly when water is running. It doesn't fill the tank, then cut off - back on when pressure lowers like I think it used to do.

I can do quite a bit of carpentry/plumbing/electrical myself, but never worked on wells/tanks or pump motors before. I can't complain, my well was installed August, 1975, and only a lightening arrestor replaced in all these years. It still will hurt financially to have to do a repair now... but...must. We are surrounded by county water, but not at our place yet.:(

Speedbump

Reaction score
If it's a WX-202 it can be replaced by a Flexcon PC-66 which is as good if not better than the Wx-202. They are $143.12 from me. I'm sure from what you have said and the age that the tank is waterlogged and no longer usable.

bob...

Jimore

Reaction score
Speed, don't know what WellXtroll model it is, not written on tank, but it is about 16" across at top, and about 2.5' high, blue color.

If it is better than the one I have had since August, 1975, then it must be the BEST! My pump is a 3/4 hp F&W, also installed in '75, August. Seems it would be hard to top 32 years of no problem usage...

Last edited: