Takagi T-KJr not working

Users who are viewing this thread

JV228

Reaction score
I moved into a house about 1.5yrs ago and in 2006 a Takagi T-KJr was installed to heat the water for the faucets and shower only. Last week it just stopped working, at first no water was coming out the faucets at all then later on that same day we got water but it wasn't heating up. I took off the front panel and saw that the computer board had a couple burn spots in it and the light was blinking just once. I replaced the board with a brand new one and it still won't fire up and the light is doing one blink. I'm at a loss with what the issue could be, anyone have any ideas or experienced this?

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I moved into a house about 1.5yrs ago and in 2006 a Takagi T-KJr was installed to heat the water for the faucets and shower only. Last week it just stopped working, at first no water was coming out the faucets at all then later on that same day we got water but it wasn't heating up. I took off the front panel and saw that the computer board had a couple burn spots in it and the light was blinking just once. I replaced the board with a brand new one and it still won't fire up and the light is doing one blink. I'm at a loss with what the issue could be, anyone have any ideas or experienced this?
There's a filter that needs to be cleaned out. Try that first

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks