Stuck Expansion Tank and Honeywell Supervent Plug Washer

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason1

Reaction score
Hello all,

What should have been a 5 minute job turned into a multi-hour war getting the stuck expansion tank nipple out of the Honeywell Supervent Plug.
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Resideo-PV125-1-1-4-NPT-Supervent-Air-Eliminator

When I tried to remove the expansion tank from my boiler it was rusted-seized and instead the plug from the Supervent air eliminator came out with the tank. After hours of wrenching, heating, banging, pushing and pulling it finally came out.

The washer on the supervent plug is 30% gone. Should I get a new washer or just apply dope and re-attach the plug to the supervent? Or is a new washer required or else it will leak?

Thanks.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Who knows if 30 percent 70 percent of a washer will stop it from leaking or not? I don't think anyone could tell you it's just something you have to either gamble or get the washer to be safe. If the threads aren't npt then you'll need a washer can't say if they'd enough left or not.

Jason1

Reaction score
Thank you John. There is no washer replacement available from honeywell. I'll have to buy a new unit if it leaks.

Jason1

Reaction score
Would any circle cutter work on that rubber sheet to make a round gasket or is there a better tool to use?