Storage Tank_Galvanized Supply

Users who are viewing this thread

William Rhodes

Reaction score
I have a galvanized supply line showing it's age. I understand it needs to be replaced, but don't have the funds for an immediate fix (runs under retaining wall, under neighbors patio by way of easement over 100yds from my house). I have great pressure, but flow falls off when more than one fixture is being utilized.

Can/Will a storage tank offer a short term solution to my problem? If so, does it require the use of pumps, or can I rely on the city water pressure to fill the tank and provide short term flow in the event of a dishwasher/clothes washer being used while showering?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A well storage tank(s), if large enough, may solve your problem temporarily. The pressure will put water into the tank, and the bladder will keep it up until discharged, but they don't hold all that much water. Depending on the flow you get from your pipe, it may take awhile to recharge. You want enough stored under pressure to meet your needs, so you'd have to estimate that to decide how big of a tank you'd need.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You can fill a storage tank with the city supply and use a booster pump to supply as much pressure as you want to the house.

LOW YIELD WELL_ CENTRIFUGAL_PK1A.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks