Stick y tacky water

Users who are viewing this thread

RebeccaSatl

Reaction score
I’ve had issu for long while now where the water feels tacky like for example u use it to wash ursle for rub hands it feels like tacky like ur rubbing wax together on ur hands even showering makes skin feel sticky tacky like then the feeling goes away but the skin get s extremely dry and feels like u have had soemthjng left drying on u that causes dryness I did research google and show sup hard water is like that but I had it tested for hardness and it’s not hard idk what else it could be it was never like this before this been longer like this just left it alone for while but recently seems to feel worse but I also noticed now that when u turned on water like for 1 or 2 mins the feeling is not there then after it comes back after the water runs for about 1 min which wasn’t liek this before so what could it be causing anyone let me know pl

Margaret C

Reaction score
I’ve had issu for long while now where the water feels tacky like for example u use it to wash ursle for rub hands it feels like tacky like ur rubbing wax together on ur hands even showering makes skin feel sticky tacky like then the feeling goes away but the skin get s extremely dry and feels like u have had soemthjng left drying on u that causes dryness I did research google and show sup hard water is like that but I had it tested for hardness and it’s not hard idk what else it could be it was never like this before this been longer like this just left it alone for while but recently seems to feel worse but I also noticed now that when u turned on water like for 1 or 2 mins the feeling is not there then after it comes back after the water runs for about 1 min which wasn’t liek this before so what could it be causing anyone let me know pl
We've had this same issue too (city water, in North Carolina)... ever since we had the Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV) replaced on our main water line a few years ago, b/c it was leaking/was just time to be replaced. We've tried everything and no idea why the water became sticky/tacky/drying after that (minor) plumbing repair. We've had our water tested for SO many things (including hardness), with multiple different labs, and so far e'thing is in normal range. Our hardness even comes back as lower end (ie, "soft"). Did you ever figure out what was going on with your water?

Roses

Reaction score
We've had this same issue too (city water, in North Carolina)... ever since we had the Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV) replaced on our main water line a few years ago, b/c it was leaking/was just time to be replaced. We've tried everything and no idea why the water became sticky/tacky/drying after that (minor) plumbing repair. We've had our water tested for SO many things (including hardness), with multiple different labs, and so far e'thing is in normal range. Our hardness even comes back as lower end (ie, "soft"). Did you ever figure out what was going on with your water?
No have u?