Steam Unit

Users who are viewing this thread

SheilaC

Reaction score
I made a mistake and put this question in the remodel section so please forgive the duplication if you read it there as well.

I have had a relaxa mist steam unit installed in a new shower and before I go ahead and finish the shower I want to make sure everything is correctly installed. I noticed that the drain is not attached to anything. The installation manual lists it as an optional drain feature but from my understanding you need to flush the system every so often. Does anyone know how this works? I have gone to their web site and read through the manuals but I can't fins anything. Thanks! Sheila.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
If you can run a drain to a basement sink, or laundry stand pipe that would be ideal. That is if the unit is in a first floor bathroom. I installed a unit a few years ago and was able to run the drain to a laundry stand pipe.

I'm sure they assume you could place a pan or something under the drain opening for flushing if no drain can be run. I'm sure you could have a hose connection installed, so you can connect a hose for flushing.