Steam shower lack of steam output

Users who are viewing this thread

Ashbeer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently renovated my master bathroom and included a steam shower. Everything was working well for the first 2 months as the steam unit would produce lots of visible vapor. Like the vapor was so thick you couldn't see your hand in front of your face.

Now on to the 3rd month, I noticed the intensity of the vapor is down and all I get is some hot moist air with no visible thick steam. Some odd days I use it, the unit would re-create what I had before. But it's odd to me how one day it stopped doing what it did before.

I had the unit checked by the manufacture and they ran tests and determined the unit was fine. The lack of steam should be something to do with water as steam is produced by heating water.

I asked a few people who own steam showers and they all have not encountered this issue.

Would anyone know how I could fix this issue? I'm thinking something to do with water, perhaps air in the water pipes? But how come all of sudden now?

Thank you all in advance.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
The unit should be under warranty. They have heating elements, they have pressurized house water inlet.
It is certainly not normal to fail to work properly unless is was undersized and that would have been obvious from the start unless it is significantly colder now.
I have seen many failures of heating elements. For a technician, this is easy to check for amperage draw.
Hope you got auto - flush, because they do need to be flushed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks