Soiree/Aimes Map scores and Kohler Touch

Users who are viewing this thread

sperry

Reaction score
First off, thank you to Terry and all the others (wjcandee in my case), for providing this forum and lending your expertise to those of us who benefit from it. Now on with what I hope will be my last question as far as getting my dad SITuated so to speak:

1) The Kohler touch seems to be a great solution, however, some reviews make it sound less than reliable, any problems with this product? or are the bad reviews more likely due to poor installation?

2) The 2 toilets now are the soiree and new to the game the Aimes/Legato, on this site I learned about MAP scores (4 weeks ago if someone mentioned I would be learning about the carrying capacity of a toilet flush :) )
the Legato only receives a map score of 350 ,on the site at which I looked) while the soiree scored a 650, is the information I am reading old or incorrect. We really like the look of the Legato, wide at the back, more in keeping with the width of the washlet but if indeed it does not flush as well as the soiree then it is a no brainer function trumps form everyday, the externals of the legato fit better and are easier to clean butt ultimately this is a piece of plumbing and it is the superior plumbing that will win the day. Somewhere on this site I read a minimum map of 500 was a good baseline.

Once again thank you for all your help, genuinely appreciated.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Legato we installed seemed to flush very much like the Carlyle II that we sell a lot of. The parts and trapway design are similar too.

legato_01.jpg

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....g-one-piece-toilet-review-and-pictures.56203/

In fact the Soiree is also very similar to those two. And then sometimes I see a bowl on the MaP testing that somehow gets 1,000 with a similar design, and I wonder how legit some of the testing is.
For a church I go go, I installed four TOTO Ultimate's rated at the MaP 325, and they worked great.
I have also installed MaP rated brands that test at 650 grams that plug.
I haven't had a bad TOTO for a long time. They just seem to work.

Kohler with their new Aqua Piston has been working well. I still give TOTO the edge, but way better than their 90's stuff.

Last edited:

sperry

Reaction score
It is not the aqua piston I am thinking about but the, after market,Kohler touchless flush that wjcandee recommended as an add on to those toilets (legato) that utilize the side flush as opposed to the front flush handle. My dad does not move or bend well so the easier we can make things the better. Which will be the better flushing bowl, and which bowl less inclined to have "streaks left behind" the soiree or the aimes?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It is not the aqua piston I am thinking about but the, after market,Kohler touchless flush that wjcandee recommended as an add on to those toilets

The Kohler Touchless works on those TOTO models, but it also drains the entire tank. There is no adustment to keep them at 1.28 gallons. They become more like 2.5 gallons.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks