Soil Pipe Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
We cannot tell from the photo how deep the flange is. If there is 3/4" of solvent-welded connection, I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Fletch1

Reaction score
We cannot tell from the photo how deep the flange is. If there is 3/4" of solvent-welded connection, I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Spec says A: connection 3" Sch. 40 spigot. So it seems to be something like a 2" connection. My main concern is I want to use the Fernco 3" gasket . Looks like only 2 of the 4 barbs on the Fernco will get into the soilpipe.

Reach4

Reaction score
Spec says A: connection 3" Sch. 40 spigot. So it seems to be something like a 2" connection. My main concern is I want to use the Fernco 3" gasket . Looks like only 2 of the 4 barbs on the Fernco will get into the soilpipe.
You are trying to use one of these with that closet flange in your photo???
do-multi-tite.jpg

Oh, wait. You probably mean this:
fts_install.jpg

Never try to use one of those with a toilet that has had wax on it previously. Given your flange, even if your toilet is new, I think you should make a different choice.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score

I think you will need to tell us more about what you are trying to accomplish, as it is not clear from what you have stated in your posts. I don't recommend anything that further reduces the I.D. of the riser.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you will need to tell us more about what you are trying to accomplish, as it is not clear from what you have stated in your posts.
I think the question he might want to ask is "how do I best attach a toilet to this closet flange", or "how do I best attach a toilet to this closet flange with a waxless solution?" I presume there are slots for the closet bolts, although they are not clear from the photo.

img_6.jpg

Last edited:

Fletch1

Reaction score
The flange is a 3" Sioux Chief total knock out with a 2.427" hub depth . The Fernco FTS 3 has an ID that is the same as the toilet outlet so I'm not sure if the reduction to the riser would affect things since the toilet already has a reduced outlet? I've looked several of the waxless seal options, this one seems best for me.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Unless I am planning to remove and reinstall the toilet multiple times, I find a standard wax ring to work more than adequately.

Fletch1

Reaction score
I used the Ferco FTS 3 without issues of any sort. I think I made the right decision. Time will tell.