Sink Wet Wall Drain(s)

Users who are viewing this thread

KULTULZ

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Reaction score
I am working on a three story condo and have found poor plumbing in a wet wall. It consist(s) of a 2" and 1 1/2" vertical stack (one must be a vent as I can hear drainage in either) with another 1 1/2" pipe to the kitchen sink. The 2" has a clean out. The clean out had no access panel and I wish to add one for any future access.

Both stacks are off center compared to the base plate. I need to center the stack within the wall (2 X 6") to keep them away from the drywall. I will do this with two bends at the stack base to center both pipes (converting to hub-less CI).

Kitchen_Sink_Water_Wall_017.jpg

Kitchen_Sink_Water_Wall_004.jpg

My question is because of cabinet placement, the 2" clean out will not be accessible (from either side). Can a clean out be substituted on the 1 1/2" stack and still be within code?

KULTULZ

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Reaction score
I am working on a three story condo and have found poor plumbing in a wet wall. It consist(s) of a 2" and 1 1/2" vertical stack (one must be a vent as I can hear drainage in either) with another 1 1/2" pipe to the kitchen sink. The 2" has a clean out.

Kitchen_Sink_Water_Wall_004.jpg

Is it possible the 1 1/2" stack is vent only and the 2" stack is drain? The reason I ask is that when the DW above is discharged, flow and heat can be heard/felt in the 2" stack whereas it may only be resonance I hear in the smaller stack (no heat).

In addition to correcting the routing, I am plumbing with Hubless CI to quiet the plumbing but can use PVC on the vent stacks (CHARLOTTE QUIET SYSTEM). If it is a vent, it would save me money.

And if a vent stack, will the placement of a clean out in it be up to code?

THANX!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks