Sink supply lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Geinig

Reaction score
I am running new water lines for three sinks. One powder room vanity sink, a garage boot washing sink and running a future line for a possible sink in an upstairs bonus room. So all will not be used at the same time other than very rarely if at all. Can I supply all 3 with one 1/2” pex A line? The space is tight where I am running the lines and a 1/2 line would be easiest but I also want to make sure I am not making a mistake that will cause problems down the road.

Slomoola

Reaction score
At least he is asking about PEX A. Flows way better than PEX B.

If it was a shower, wife's kitchen faucet or washing machine, different story LOL. I think 1/2" should be fine. Use Boshart sweeping stainless 90's if you have to use 90's. Will keep the flow up. Most lines AT the sink are micro small anyway.

gillrich

Reaction score
Supplying all three sinks with one 1/2" PEX A line is possible, but ensure it can handle the combined flow rate without compromising water pressure. Consider peak demand scenarios and consult local building codes. If in doubt, consult a plumber for recommendations. Reading master spas reviews here might be a good idea, they should be able to help you.

Last edited:

Eman85

Reaction score
I am running new water lines for three sinks. One powder room vanity sink, a garage boot washing sink and running a future line for a possible sink in an upstairs bonus room. So all will not be used at the same time other than very rarely if at all. Can I supply all 3 with one 1/2” pex A line? The space is tight where I am running the lines and a 1/2 line would be easiest but I also want to make sure I am not making a mistake that will cause problems down the road.
I'm not a plumber. You say rarely any of the sinks will run at the same time. The sinks themselves have 3/8" supply lines through a small stop valve so I don't see how you'd have any problems with running 1/2" to feed them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks