Single 2x8 wall for back-to-back bathrooms with In-Wall Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

thrasherlife

Reaction score
House has 2 bathrooms with mirrored fixtures on either side of the “wall”. Currently, this is framed as 2 separate walls with a small chaise in between. Due to the small dimensions in the owner’s bath and the framing needing to be replaced between the 2 bathrooms already, I’m considering reframing as a single 2x8 wall with no chaise. As part of this remodel, I’d also like to install wall-mount toilets with the Geberit DuoFix wall tank for 2x4 construction (product - https://www.geberitnorthamerica.com...s-for-wall-hung-toilets/for-2x4-construction/) (installation manual - https://www.geberitnorthamerica.com...nstructions/968-075-00-0-sigma2x4-install.pdf).

- Any concerns with changing this to a single 2x8 wall?
- Some have mentioned concerns with sound transmission, both bathrooms already share a wall with the master bedroom so I'm not sure there's much additional concern with sound transmission between the bathrooms themselves.
- Any concerns with the in-wall tanks being back-to-back
- Would it make sense to create separate dwv branches for each bathroom to make it easier to connect each wall-mount toilet?

additional details:
- all plumbing, including DWV is getting replaced (except sewer main to street)
- house is single level with attic space and crawl space
- mostly trying to gauge if what I want to do is feasible before reframing, will have plumber actually do all of the rough-in plumbing

Attachments

• Floorplan_bath 2.png
    Floorplan_bath 2.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Bath_plumbing_trunk.png
    Bath_plumbing_trunk.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 40
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks