Shower Pan Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Leo Francovich

Reaction score
Hey ya'll my first post here. I'm installing a jacuzzi shower pan and I've got it leveled and set on mortar. It's braced on three sides by walls. My question is: will mortar be enough to anchor it in place along with the walls? The flange of the pan is bent outwards so I would have to shim it extensively to get screws into the studs behind it.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Pictures might help. If there is a gap between the flange and the wall, there is potential for movement so why would you not shim it? That said, I doubt the flange has the strength to stop all movement. Keep in mind that there can also be some movement of the wall at the union with the floor. Make sure the wall is very well anchored to the floor.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The mortar underneath generally doesn't have a great bond...it is there primarily to level and provide support.

WHat are you using on the walls? You may be able to use some clips and some washers to attach the edges to the studs without putting a lot of stress on the pan itself.

Basically, once the pan is stable on the floor and you get the walls up around it, it won't move, but some clips won't hurt. Might make it a little tougher to get the wall surface installed if you're tiling it, and maybe tougher if it's a one-piece enclosure.

What does the installation manual call for?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks