Shower Drain/Ptrap Help PLEASE!

Users who are viewing this thread

hmontgomery1921

Reaction score
My husband and I are working on a bathroom remodel. We are trying to get the drain hooked up coming from our shower pan. Of course, the drain and the P-trap are not going to line up. Is this arrangement with two 45 elbows going to cause a problem?

IMG_4125.jpg
IMG_4126.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a more better way to fix this. Instead of offsetting the standpipe from the shower drain to the trap. move the trap to a point directly under the shower drain.

Buy a new trap and a 45°. Insert a length of pipe into the drain body with the trap attached at the bottom roughly the same height as the horizontal trap arm and adjust it til it points at a 45 degrees to the trap arm. Cut the trap arm where that 45 lines up. then cut a piece to go from your 45 to the trap. The trap has a bit of "swing" to it, so you can adjust that to the vertical when you get there.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
yep its better to just use one 45 I think the trap you have looks fine to use just need a 45 and possibly a coupling to build as tuttles says

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks