Shower drain DIY - Rolling long sweep 90 by 45 degrees to change elevation as well as direction?

Users who are viewing this thread

JonPDX

Reaction score
*** Changed the plan, adding laundry closet as well now. Please see post #3 with 3D model. ***

Hi, everyone. First: thank you all for what you do! I've read countless threads here over the past week that have taught me so much and helped me plan my first DWV install.

I'm adding a shower to my upstairs bathroom and need to drop down 12" while at the same time turning 90 degrees to meet up with a 2" line entering a stack (which does vent through the roof). I'd like to use a long sweep 90 to achieve both of these goals vs. using a street 45 off the 90. Is that okay? I believe the short 45 degree section counts as vertical and so I could use a quarter bend but I figure using the long sweep couldn't hurt.

I'd also appreciate it if anyone could check my overall plan. 2" drain, 1.5" AAV vent, 1/4" slope throughout.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:

JonPDX

Reaction score
Some other potentially helpful info: there are two proper roof vents serving the fixtures on this 2nd story, one at the stack in the first photo and another serving the lav + WC. This won't be inspected, I just want to make sure it's done right the first time.

Last edited:

JonPDX

Reaction score
I decided to add a laundry closet and figured out how to model it in Sketchup since I think my photos of the previous shower only drain were a bit confusing.

So bumping with a new plan. I'll just vent through the roof, sticking to 1.5" . Thanks in advance.
Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 1.47.47 PM.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks