Shower diverter stem identify and replace

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumbergenie

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought a house and the previous owner removed the diverter knob and rigged it to not use it’s normal diverter. I would like to fix so water doesn’t go in wall. Can someone help me figure out what I am looking at and if I can replace and fix.

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpeg
    IMG_2083.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 64

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought a house and the previous owner removed the diverter knob and rigged it to not use it’s normal diverter. I would like to fix so water doesn’t go in wall. Can someone help me figure out what I am looking at and if I can replace and fix.

What about a picture of the unit install showing the trim ?

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you may be saying that water is going into the wall under some conditions.

What is on the other side of the wall-- a closet where you could install an access panel?

Plumbergenie

Reaction score
Yeah water would potentially enter the wall. It’s my kids bathroom. There is a closet behind to create a access panel.

Plumbergenie

Reaction score

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yea its a little confusing , basicaly ignore all of the post except the caption?
Would you like to identify and replace the diverter stem? try removing and match up at plumbing supply or hardware take a bunch of pictures with some measurements is another way .
T

Plumbergenie

Reaction score
I think you are correct. Sorry if I confused everyone. I recently bought an stem extension so I will see how that works. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks