Sensitive skin and water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

shootermcgee

Reaction score
So I have a weird problem. I have very sensitive skin. I installed a water softener fleck 5600 valve a few weeks ago. I noticed my skin kind of burns after a shower. And doesn’t go away. Does anyone else have this feeling from a water softener. I know it’s the softener water because if I bypass the softener my skin feels great.

Bannerman

Reaction score
Have you reduced the amount of soap and shampoo you use? With soft water, much less soap, detergent, shampoo, conditioner etc will be needed.

Hardness minerals combine with soaps and detergents to produce soap curds and sticky residue which stick to bathtubs, sinks and ... skin. The calcium in hard water stuck to you, may have provided a barrier or buffering effect to neutralize the soap pH. As there will be minimal or no residue when using soft water, perhaps neutral pH soaps and shampoos will be beneficial for your sensitivity issue.

See post 9 at the following link: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/pentair-water-treatment-model-7000-old-model.84099/

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks