Seeking fluctuating shower

Users who are viewing this thread

rikishi

Reaction score
On a recent trip to Japan, the hotel room was equipped with a Rinnai bath controller that had a "fluctuating shower" (ゆらぎ の シャワー) mode. When activated, the shower temperature varies in a pseudo-random fashion from very relaxing to invigorating. I found the experience to be quite pleasurable and am seeking a similar unit for my home in US.

The description at https://translate.google.com/transl...p/f-tecgas/e/c6c50c1ada15674c1b59c8120ccf54ed , though not well translated by Google, is fairly readable.

Rinnai controllers for the US market lack this feature. Importing would be very difficult; the gas units don't meet US code and the electric ones require 200 volts.

I've tried searching for similar units from other manufacturers but have failed miserably. Every article about fluctuating, varying or cycling shower temperature regards it as a problem and suggests ways to fix it!

Any pointers to an automatic bath with this feature would be gratefully appreciated. I'd prefer electric (home has 220V @ 200A service) but propane would be acceptable (natural gas is unavailable here).

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks