Rough-in perpendicular to lav

Users who are viewing this thread

ben.l.schenck

Reaction score
In a first floor powder room, it would be much easier to tap into the existing drain and supply lines if I roughed in the lav from the side wall. I am thinking of getting a console sink (something like this), and while this seems unconventional, I can't think of any issues. Thoughts? Here is a picture of the space and where the pipes would go.

IMG-2987.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
a bit unconventional but totaly fine and is often roughed in for convieniance on the side, some times just the waste or just water coming from the side no biggie. not clicking on your link if youd like to share another picture thats fine but im not clicking on it

Reach4

Reaction score
Maybe consider a wall-hung "floating" lavatory. That would get you a bit of storage, and would also conceal your drain line.

I think you would probably need something custom built for a good, so that would be more expensive. Or use a pre-built one that is narrower than your space, and left-justify it.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't think it'll look very nice with the lav you linked. But that's just up to you.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Im hoping its covered by a cabinet . exposed it be harder to make it look clean Ive seen hotels have exposed trap arm coming from the side

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks