Rebuilding basement shower, need some advice

Users who are viewing this thread

HamDoodle

Reaction score
Hello,
New user, first post. I'm putting up CBU in my basement shower and have realized I have a bit of a problem. The shower was framed on top of a three sided curb, with the fourth side being the foundation wall. I am hanging the CBU into the pan. In the picture below you can see the foundation wall on the left, a wall on top of the curb in the center, and the entry curb on the right. My problem is that the curb is flush with the wall studs, so if I add the 1/2" Durock on top of those studs, there would be a 1/2" lip. Anyone have any advice on how to approach this? Would I be able to use construction adhesive and concrete screws to attack the Durock to the curb?

https://imgur.com/a/8gG2itL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks