Random Well pressure issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Amaidendevil

Reaction score
Hello everyone any help would be appreciated. My well randomly loses pressure to zero. Then I just have to touch points together and pressure goes right back to 60psi. May take 2 days or so then randomly drops to zero again. I just replaced pressure switch 7 days ago hoping to fix this to no avail . New switch is 60/40 with safety cut off switch to protect pump. Any suggestions please.

Reach4

Reaction score
Hello everyone any help would be appreciated. My well randomly loses pressure to zero. Then I just have to touch points together and pressure goes right back to 60psi. May take 2 days or so then randomly drops to zero again. I just replaced pressure switch 7 days ago hoping to fix this to no avail . New switch is 60/40 with safety cut off switch to protect pump. Any suggestions please.
Most people buy pressure switches with no lever.

What you can do is to reduce the air precharge maybe 2 psi. So if the air precharge is 38 now, try 36. This will make the pressure tank to have a tad more water to supply while the pump is starting. Air precharge is always set or measured with the water pressure zero. Alternatively, change the pressure switch to 42/62 and leave the air precharge where it is. This could be accomplished by turning the nut on the big spring in the pressure switch 0.7 turns clockwise.