Random Well pressure issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Amaidendevil

Reaction score
Hello everyone any help would be appreciated. My well randomly loses pressure to zero. Then I just have to touch points together and pressure goes right back to 60psi. May take 2 days or so then randomly drops to zero again. I just replaced pressure switch 7 days ago hoping to fix this to no avail . New switch is 60/40 with safety cut off switch to protect pump. Any suggestions please.

Reach4

Reaction score
Hello everyone any help would be appreciated. My well randomly loses pressure to zero. Then I just have to touch points together and pressure goes right back to 60psi. May take 2 days or so then randomly drops to zero again. I just replaced pressure switch 7 days ago hoping to fix this to no avail . New switch is 60/40 with safety cut off switch to protect pump. Any suggestions please.
Most people buy pressure switches with no lever.

What you can do is to reduce the air precharge maybe 2 psi. So if the air precharge is 38 now, try 36. This will make the pressure tank to have a tad more water to supply while the pump is starting. Air precharge is always set or measured with the water pressure zero. Alternatively, change the pressure switch to 42/62 and leave the air precharge where it is. This could be accomplished by turning the nut on the big spring in the pressure switch 0.7 turns clockwise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks