Rainfall showerhead placement in a 5 foot shower stall

Users who are viewing this thread

McEnzo

Reaction score
Any of you guys ever place a rainfall showerhead off center so 2 people can shower at the same time? My control valve can switch between 2 outlets or supply both at the same time. I temporarily mounted the handshower and rainfall in order to get a better visual.

Attachments

• 20180603_140434.jpg
    20180603_140434.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,609

McEnzo

Reaction score
Any of you guys ever place a rainfall showerhead off center so 2 people can shower at the same time? My control valve can switch between 2 outlets or supply both at the same time. I temporarily mounted the handshower and rainfall in order to get a better visual.
Maybe I should clarify my question, "Does anyone have recommendations on showerhead placement/spacing in a 6x3 shower stall? (Old tub location being converted to glassed in shower stall) Visually, it's nicer to center the rainfall at 30" but if 2 people take a shower together the spacing in photo seems to work out space-wise. Any thoughts?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depends on what you are expecting from the rain shower head...it dribbles out water over a moderately large area, but it falls straight down with mostly gravity verses any velocity unlike a typical head that spreads out significantly as it goes down from the head. While it can let you rinse off, it won't clear shampoo from your hair all that well.

McEnzo

Reaction score
Mostly not to freeze during 2 person showers like I used to in the tub with a single shower head, I have very decent water pressure and my 8 inch round rainfall in my basement shower works well to rinse out our hair. See attached pic. Also that blast of cold water from the rainfall when you first turn it on kinda sucks when you're alread warm from the handheld so I was wondering if placing it like this would minimize that.

Attachments

• 20180202_170036.jpg
    20180202_170036.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,487
Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's likely that not all of the water in the line above drains, so you will get a shot of room, or maybe attic temperature water when you turn it on. FWIW, some people put a tub spout in their showers. This does a couple of things:
- you can run the water until it is warm before activating the showerhead(s)
- when you shut the water off, your lines will drain if they are sloped properly
- if you wanted to say mop the floor, it gives you an easy place to fill the bucket

McEnzo

Reaction score
Jadnashua, I've seen some of those, not very nice to look at, but must be practical I guess.

McEnzo

Reaction score
As someone who really hates using rain showers, I hope you mount it offset or at least provide a shutoff and another side showerhead.

I'm using a Grohe diverter/mixing valve, I can switch between handshower and rainfall showerhead or use both at the same time. I tested this setup on my basement shower I redid a few months ago(look at at my other post)