PVC roof power vent options

Users who are viewing this thread

Vietjdmboi

Reaction score
I am planning to install a navien npe-180a2 but wanted to see what options I have for the pvc vent. Plan is to do a power vent. Intake air will drawn in from the garage and vented going straight up out the roof.

Currently there is a 4” asbestos flue which I want to remove. The roof flashing is for a 4” diameter pipe obviously. I found a 3” direct vent with a 4” diameter body but don’t need the intake side. Is there any other options or would using the 3” concentric vent be my best option?

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7559.jpeg
    IMG_7559.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7527.jpeg
    IMG_7527.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
You don't need a concentrate roof vent your not running combustion air. If the asbestos flue is straight can run 2" pvc up to 75'. A 90° ell = 8' you will use 2- 90°
on the roof flash around the 2" to cover the.asbestos pipe.

Vietjdmboi

Reaction score
Here is an image from the roof side. Flue is about 3 ft long and straight.

Attachments

• IMG_6415.jpeg
    IMG_6415.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6383.png
    IMG_6383.png
    951.1 KB · Views: 43

Fitter30

Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't have draft problems as low as the flue is from height of the peak with a natural draft water heater or furnace.

Vietjdmboi

Reaction score
"Why not replace the existing flashing with a new 2" flashing?"

Im not against this. Just wanted to see what options were available with the current flashing

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks