Pump Chart Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Richard795

Reaction score
When I look at a pump chart on top where it says "Depth to Water in Feet/Ratings in GPM (Gallons per Minute)" is that the level where the pump will sit? So if my pump sits 60 feet below the pitless I use the 60 foot column?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the water level in your well is say 20' from the surface, the pump is only lifting from 20' no matter if you set it 60' or 600' deep. The 60 PSI you need to run a 40/60 pressure switch is the same as 138' of head. So, if your water is at 20' the total head would be 158' for the pump to reach 60 PSI.

Richard795

Reaction score
If the water level in your well is say 20' from the surface, the pump is only lifting from 20' no matter if you set it 60' or 600' deep. The 60 PSI you need to run a 40/60 pressure switch is the same as 138' of head. So, if your water is at 20' the total head would be 158' for the pump to reach 60 PSI.
Makes sense, thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
If the water falls to 60 ft, you would like the pump to deliver water at a significantly reduced rate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks