Price Pfister Valve Identification and Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

NetworkGuy

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have a Price Pfister shower valve (to the best of my knowledge) which needs to be replaced as it's very hard to pull out and turn. I am hoping that someone might recognize this valve (7105 or 7106) and be able to provide a replacement valve part number.

One other thought I wanted to ask. Is there only a single valve type that can be used or can a different type valve with different features be used? I suspect this is not possible, but wanted to ask in case there may be other options available for this valve.

Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

• Shower Valve, Front.jpg
    Shower Valve, Front.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Valve Body_1.jpg
    Valve Body_1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Valve Body_2.jpg
    Valve Body_2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Valve Bottom.jpg
    Valve Bottom.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 30
  • Valve Top_1.jpg
    Valve Top_1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Valve Top_2.jpg
    Valve Top_2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 34

NetworkGuy

Reaction score
It does look like a Pfiister Avante vale and if so, you need an Avante cartridge available from 1-800-PFAUCET (free replacement), or any hardware store.
Thank you, I will give that number a call to ask about replacement valve.

Edit: called the number, and my cartridge cannot be replaced if purchased before 2007 (?). They said if purchased after, they would replace it for free, but I have no idea of valve purchase (or replacement cartridge) -- and would have no proof either way. I ordered the replacement part (974-2920 -- thought the S74-292 also works), and will install once it arrives. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks