pressure tank

Users who are viewing this thread

djones68

Reaction score
i have a 40 gal electric hot water tank and have 80 psi at the out side faucet. went and got a 2 gal presure tank with 40 pi already in it with max 80 psi will this work or do i need and bigger tank or can add more air and be ok

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
i have a 40 gal electric hot water tank and have 80 psi at the out side faucet. went and got a 2 gal presure tank with 40 pi already in it with max 80 psi will this work or do i need and bigger tank or can add more air and be ok
As LLigetfa suggest, if your water pressure during the day is 80 psi, the expansion tank needs to be pre charged at 80 psi. It's an expansion tank, not a pressure tank.

A 2 gallon is just right for a 40 gallon tank. A 40 gallon will expand about 1/2 gallon.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks