Pressure switch rapid on/off

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
H
I am trying to install a burcam shallow well pump to pull water out of a holding tank.

I got a new pressure tank and pump.

When I plug in the pump it starts up and builds pressure to 50 psi, it then begins to rapidly and violently switch on and off until there is not enough pressure and starts to rebuild pressure again.

I have tried moving the pressure line out of the motor closer to the tank.
I have also taken apart and made sure all the lines are clear.

I am at a loss and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• PXL_20200911_173032399.MP.jpg
    PXL_20200911_173032399.MP.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 150
  • PXL_20200911_174318400.jpg
    PXL_20200911_174318400.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 152

Reach4

Reaction score
Odd. Path to the pressure tank may be restricted.

What is the air precharge on the pressure tank? Air precharge is measured when the water pressure is about zero. I suspect your air precharge is too low. It should be about 5 psi lower than your cut-in pressure.

Is the pressure switch set to 40/60, or what?

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I added a check valve and the problem is still the same, tank came precharged to 30/50 along with the pump settings.
Here is a link to video footage of what is happening

Reach4

Reaction score
So I added a check valve and the problem is still the same,
That question about a check valve was not a suggestion, AFAIK. Where did you insert the check valve? I would guess at the output of the pump, but that is only a guess.
tank came precharged to 30/50 along with the pump settings.
What you say there does not compute. Are you saying that you bought the pressure tank from the pump maker, and they said it was set up for use with a 30/50 psi pressure switch?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks