Pre Filter Crud

Users who are viewing this thread

Neil64

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Atlas Hydra 90 micron backwashing pre filter. https://us.atlasfiltri.com/product/hydra-self-cleaning-stainless-steel-90m-cartridge-1-npt

I was backwashing once a week or two into a bucket for years but when our well started having issues and we were forced to backwash after each shower, I temporarily rigged up a hose to discharge the backwash to our yard.

Now that our well was redeveloped and we are enjoying good water again, I'd like to rig up something to avoid having to lug buckets of discharge outside.

Should this backwash water, sediment, iron, etc. be discharged to the septic system? I would think the buildup of sediment could clog the house's main drains. I was thinking about adding a new spigot to the side of house and discharging the backwash through the spigot to the yard via a hose or drain tile but also a little concerned about a 1/2 spigot and piping clogging with particulate.

What do you folks do with your pre filter backwash or recommend?

Thoughts?

Thanks....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks