Powered anode for stainless steel tank

Users who are viewing this thread

GeraldM

Reaction score
I have an HTP Phoenix (rebranded as Westinghouse) 50 gal WH needing a new anode rod. On this model, it's only 12" long and is installed horizontally. I am considering a Corro-Protec powered anode as it's also 12" long and being titanium shouldn't adversely interact with the stainless steel (my opinion). Does anyone have experience with this product on a stainless steel tank? I see Corro-Protec makes a Bradford-White specific model for SS tanks, but I don't know if there's anything different about it other than the way it connects to the WH.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I too would have to verify if this tank is compatable. Id contact one of them or both . 12 inch rod horrizontal might not fit . will hit the flue Im pretty sure. maybe a nipple and coupling is needed to keep the tip from bottoming out

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks