Powder Room Vanity - wall not square

Users who are viewing this thread

Tony-A-

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I noticed after tiling that the corner of the vanity/counter doesn't square up. Should I push this snug to one wall and silicone? I am not sure scoring the wall would help here.

Can you have a look and give me an opinion? I would love to grout this thing and be done but I don't want it to look terrible.

Uploaded the images.

Thanks in advance for your opinions / advice.

Attachments

• IMG_1310.JPEG
    IMG_1310.JPEG
    56.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1311.JPEG
    IMG_1311.JPEG
    55.7 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1312.JPEG
    IMG_1312.JPEG
    59.3 KB · Views: 189

Tony-A-

Reaction score
Clear Silicone or PolySeamSeal works for that.
Thanks, I was always going to silicone it, probably in white, but it isn't square to the corner. I just wonder whether I and grout, and then silicone and get away with it. I can position it so the back wall is 1/8th gape but the right side is definitely off. I just don't want it to look weird and figure better now than after I grout to ask someone.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Industry guidelines call for any change of material or direction is a soft joint, so caulk in those places is called for as it's too late to use an engineered joint designed for that which would have probably covered it a little neater.

They do make grout colored caulks in pretty much any color also available in either sanded or unsanded texture. I'd consider stuffing some grout backer rod (foam rods available in various diameters) in there to help keep the caulk where you want. It also helps keep the joint from breaking loose since it forces the bottom shape to an hour-glass versus being a big flat block that can more easily pull away when things shift with temperature and humidity changes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks