Placement of a drop ear elbow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Robertmdrew

Reaction score
Hello all,

First time posting here and not much plumbing experience, so bear with me. I'm installing a new shower in my home bathroom reno. Will be installing the new shower mixing valve (all will be copper) and 90 degree drop ear elbow for the shower head. When looking at the mixing valve placement in the wall according to the plastic flush mount guide (flush with finished wall), it appears that the drop elbow will end up recessed by several inches into the studs. How can I get the drop elbow flush with the finished tile surface? Should I just gently bend the copper pipe forward and mount the drop elbow in that position? What do you guys normally do? Thanks so much and sorry if this is a dumb question!

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be flush. As long as it's not so deep as to prevent the shower arm from connecting without goofing up the escutcheon being flat to the wall, you're ok.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks