Phister Avante, Need to identify this shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

dwhightowe

Reaction score
I need to get the knob off this shower valve so I can tighten it up. The valve itself is tight and works well, it is only the knob that is loose, but I can't see a way to remove it.

There is no brand identification anywhere on it. Nor are there any screws or other fasteners visible.

IMG_6394.jpg

If I could find out what it is, I could get the installation instructions on-line and then know how to remove the knob.

Can anyone identify this valve?

Thanks,
Dave

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Phister Avante, the cap on the end spins off I believe and then there will be a screw behind it.
The face plate is held by the round tube that threads in behind the handle.

index.php

phister-handle-c1.jpg

The chrome cover UNSCREWS, but since it has a rubber gasket under it, it is stuck. Hold the handle and carefully unscrew the cap with a pair of Channelock pliers. As soon as you get it started you can use your palm pressed against it and twisting it, to finish removing it.
hj

pp-avante-shower-gold.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks