Perpetually Wet Floor in Pump Room

Users who are viewing this thread

wbnethery3

Reaction score
No follow-ups from this post, but I'm curious how it went... from what was described and shown, it sounded like an obvious leak in the galvanized tank. I've relocated a tank in the past to be able to pour a slab, and it wasn't a huge challenge... sounds like your well and water are similar to ours. We have sulfur on a 300+ ft. well and use a fiberglass tank.

If you replaced the tank, wondered what you went with. Don't assume that because it's not metal that a tank cannot fail... ours was in service for just over 5 years (with a 5 year warranty) when it started leaking from the top. It got waterlogged and the way we found it was because the water quality got noticeably worse... our well man said that the pump was starting and stopping so much that it stirred up a lot of fine solids at the bottom.

Anyway, I'm now dealing with a separate problem... an AVC that is dripping. It is the same brand as yours, which is what got me curious about your ultimate resolution. I'm not impressed with the quality of the Harvard HAE-1... we haven't had issues with it leaking, but its all-plastic construction just seems prone to failure. Looking online and there seem to be plenty of alternatives, but no obvious leading candidates.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks