p trap

Users who are viewing this thread

PitaJim

Reaction score
I am changing out my bathroom and the sink is a wall-mounted sink it is for a wheelchair so I do not want the p trap to be in the way. The question is can I put the trap in the basement this means the drain pipe would be in the wall and go down about 10 feet before it reaches the main and run the vent straight up to the attic to the main vent. I was thinking of putting the trap in the wall but how would I get to the trap the only option I can this to it straight down this way I will be able to get to the trap if needed. and advice would be great. everything is going to be built for a wheeled chair

Reach4

Reaction score
Trap in the basement for the lavatory is probably not allowed. It is not allowed in most of the US, but Canada is pretty ok with it usually. I am not a pro.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
For handicapped lavs there is an offset drain that 90's back toward the wall then 90's down. After the second 90 would be the ptrap. There are illustrations of this available online if you Google ada lav drain or ada lavatory. The is no need to be either in the wall or down to a another floor as there is plenty of space for disabled people in a wheelchair to roll up to it. It helps more if you get an ada compliant sink as the drains are further back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks