Outdoor faucet drips after winterizing

Users who are viewing this thread

Retroklobb

Reaction score
I just winterized my outdoor faucets (closed the indoor ball valves and opened the faucets outside) and I noticed that one of my faucets has a slight drip that's been ongoing for about a day (maybe one drip every 30 seconds). Is this cause for concern for the winter? I was expecting it to taper off but it seems somewhat constant.

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would expect that in your climate, you will experience a period of time of extended cold weather where the water that is dripping will eventually freeze and plug the drain, which will in turn fill the rest of the spigot and potentially split the piping. Best would be to replace or repair the interior shutoff valve that is allowing water to pass by.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks