Old bathtub lever stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Mandrake

Reaction score
Hello. I have a way pitted bathtub drain cover plate that I want to replace. Of course, what should be simple ain't. The drain control lever is installed on a rod with a Phillips head screw. Of course, it will absolutely not come off. I tried some penetrating spray. Any ideas? I guess I could replace the whole assembly but I just want to do a cosmetic job if possible and I just know since its plumbing it will be a PITA getting out of my tub. My plan was to just reinstall the lever on a new base plate. Ha.

Attachments

• Drain Lever.jpg
    Drain Lever.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 65

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You should be able to pull the guts out of that and install a new lift and turn or toe tap style drain. From the way your talking you don't want to do very much work. Not sure what to tell you. If a screw is stuck you can try penetrating oil and let it set. If they doesn't work you can try to drill it out. Drilling it out takes some skill.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks