New Well Low Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

dtbmous

Reaction score
Hi. I am new to this forum, but was wondering if anyone could help me. I had a well drilled for my new home back in June, and the driller has had to return to drill deeper and rehydrofracture 3 times. I am down to 825 feet with the 3/4 hp pump set at about 625 feet. I have had good pressure and water quantity for since the well driller was here last, about 2 weeks ago. The other day when my wife was filling the bathtub for the kids, the water came in sandy. Since then, the pump will not build presure beyond 42 +/- lbs. There seems to be adiquate water, as we still have not run out and dropping small pebbles down the well result in an estimated water depth of 250 feet below the surface. Does anyone have a possible idea as to why the drop in pressure and it not being able to rebuild it to the cut off of 58 psi? Is there a screen or anything that could have become plugged with the dirty water that was pulled it?

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would get the driller back there to investigate your problem. The well could have collapsed and jammed some of the impellers with sand. At what depth was the pump set at and what were the results of the hydro fracturing? For now i would cut back on the pressure switch so the pump shuts off. If you take the cover off the switch (that should be mounted on the front of the tank) you will see a a large spring. Get a 3/8's inch nut driver and turn the nut on that spring counter clockwise and you will here a click. That clicking noise means the switch has shut off. Turn some water on and watch the gauge to see what pressure the pump turns on at. Whatever pressure it turns on at, your tank pressre needs to be 2lbs. below it. Shut the power off to the pump, drain down the tank, and let air out of it until you get to the right pressure.

Sammy