New Walk in Shower but no water AT ALL

Users who are viewing this thread

Marie A

Reaction score
Hello! We just fired our GC after he informed us that there no water coming into our new shower just as he was set to install the trim pieces. He said he couldn't fix it and it wasn't his fault. He said there WAS water coming out a few weeks ago and he used that water to mix his mud etc etc. But now, nothing. The toilet and sink work( which hubby had to install ). There is no tub, just a walk in shower. We have a Kohler Mastershower Thermostatic valve with integrated volume control and stops (K-2973-KS-NA). My husband has been trying to figure it out. He removed everything but the body of the valve itself and still NO water came through the valve. There was a tiny bit of debris in cartridge . Are we going to have to demo this entire shower and start over? We are so baffled. The GC used 'PEX' which he said, everyone uses now. Thank you for any suggestions or advice.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
we do not have enough information, or access to the valve, make a determination. Without the cartridge, the two water lines are independent and anything affecting would have nothing to do with the other. I doubt that "PEX" is the problem.

Reach4

Reaction score
We have a Kohler Mastershower Thermostatic valve with integrated volume control and stops (K-2973-KS-NA).
kohler-mixing-valves-k-2973-ks-na-64_145.jpg

Are the stops open?

If yes, track the PEX back, and look for another set of stop valves. Is there access from the back side?

Last edited by a moderator:

Marie A

Reaction score
Reach-4. WOW! We did exactly as you said. The back of the shower is our stairway hall. We broke through the plaster and viola! The GC fell out with the first guy who was doing the plumbing and apparently he put in the secondary stop valves and told no one. THANKS SO MUCH . After 9 weeks I can finally shower in my own home. So our GC basically lied to our face claiming he was getting water from the shower when tiling. He also accused us of intentionally shutting off the water "somewhere" so we wouldn't have to pay him. At this point I'm happier to have a functional shower than I am mad that he lied to us.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks