New Shouse under slab rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Aav's aren't legal in the upc. But vents can be run flat after they are above the trap. There's no reason to route it across the house if it can run inside of the nearest wall up through the roof. Your drawing I think it's getting worse.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
would this work?
that would work but I think it might be prohibited as no fixtures can drain from upstream of the Island vent?
The choice to run an AAV , I just saw a you tube video telling which states are legal a whole bunch came up but MN came up as specificaly illegal but Ill let you verify, it would be fine most places
How about a cleanout at the end of the 3 inch just past the laundry room withen 5 ft of end ? Or a 2 way out front where it exits house if inspections are a thing there Im only nit picking to get you throu passing code

Shibby021

Reaction score
can vent 2 work? or does it must be vent 1?

vent 2 flat line does have 1/4 inch per 1 ft slope.

Attachments

• vent01.jpeg
    vent01.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 66
  • vent02.jpeg
    vent02.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 55

Shibby021

Reaction score
Must be like vent 1
Is there a reason why? I mean number 2 is just pretty much re positioning majority of the vertical pipe leaving roughly 6 inches of vertical at the connection of the shower pipe.

Also I am just trying to understand why based on researching online, I see drawings like number 2 but is called hortizonal wet vent, even though number 2 doesn't have a fixture connected to it?

Attachments

• hwv.JPG
    hwv.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 56

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Horizontal wet vent has a fixture draining into it if it dosent have a fixture draining into it it becomes a dry vent and a Dry vent must rise verticaly (or at an angle of 45 degrees minimum ) until at least 6 inches above the flood level of fixture so on a sink generaly we just say 42 inches above floor befor breaking horizontal.
The reason is because if the fixture backs up whatever crap is in there will get into the vent system rendering the vent useless possibly. on a wet vent the vent below will be washed clean by the drainage look at those images you posted the vent underground can plug up but you would clear it or the Lav wont drain

Shibby021

Reaction score
alright so I made some changes, how does this look?

the bath1 is hortizonal wet vet I believe, at least that's what I am aiming for.

shower1 is dry vent like number 1 in my sketch.

Attachments

• bath1.JPG
    bath1.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 54
  • shower1.JPG
    shower1.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 60

Shibby021

Reaction score
I am wondering about something, I believe that MN passed UPC in Dec 2021, I believe that I am now supposed to obtain a plumbing permit and then get it inspected before covering it up.

What happens if I don't? I live out in the woods, I will still own this place until I die. My neighbor built in 2020 and he hired a plumber do his rough in under the slab, His island lav has no vent, whereas MN code requires it as shown in the state drawing illustration. I have attached the layout sketch of his plumbing .

Attachments

• tkhouse.jpeg
    tkhouse.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 58

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am wondering about something, I believe that MN passed UPC in Dec 2021, I believe that I am now supposed to obtain a plumbing permit and then get it inspected before covering it up.

What happens if I don't? I live out in the woods, I will still own this place until I die. My neighbor built in 2020 and he hired a plumber do his rough in under the slab, His island lav has no vent, whereas MN code requires it as shown in the state drawing illustration. I have attached the layout sketch of his plumbing .
It depends. When you die your house could become condemned due to never having permitted the work.

I'm gonna doubt that a plumber installed a lav with no vent.

Shibby021

Reaction score
Sorry it took long to get back.

I spoke to my neighbor and he does indeed have vents, just not all of them are finished and just venting out in the attic for now.

I spoke to local plumbers, due to my location being outside the town I do not need permit and inspection, only need inspection and permit for septic.

we worked out a design and so far I am almost done with the mock up. I will try to post some more pictures today, I only have 1 at the moment.

Attachments

• plumbing10.jpeg
    plumbing10.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 58
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks