New pump false starts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulont

Reaction score
Hello, installed a new shallow well jet pump last month, and everything was fine, I noticed the other day, when it goes to click on, it kind of false starts 3 times in rapid succession and then starts up. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Reach4

Reaction score
Your pressure switch should sense the pressure at the pressure tank. If you are going to use the pressure switch on the pump, the path from the pump to the pressure tank should be short and big-diameter.

If your pressure tank is more remote, you can either add a new pressure gauge at the tank, or you can move the sense line from the pump to your pressure tank. If you move the sense line, plug the hole on the pump body. The sense line can be small diameter, because it does not have appreciable flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks