New oil Boiler to pair with Hybrid water tank

Users who are viewing this thread

MdVann

Reaction score
I’m in need of direction. Very grateful for any input.

I am a new home owner in Queens NY and the current setup is just a Ford Product Oil Boiler (this unit/company is so antiquated that there is zero info anywhere on this unit!) for DHW and hydronic baseboard heating. 1650 sq ft home - 2 zones and 2 bathrooms.

I purchased a Hybrid Rheem 50gal. to provide the DHW and just use the boiler for heating but the boiler isn’t going to last the winter. I have not yet added the Hybrid and need to purchase a new boiler. I am not looking at any other options, as money is tight. That being said I am going to take on this project myself (some help from my knowledgeable father in law).

can someone help me decide on the right boiler.

-steel vs cast iron
-Is a cold start boiler the best option for running the boiler just for heating needs?
- single pass or triple pass?

I’m trying to keep a reasonable budget that gets the job done.

I appreciate all your input and would even love input on things I might be forgetting in the post

thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks