new LAWSUIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Yesterday a new law firm contacted me regarding the case below. Next week I will be at the building taking pictures and sending in my report.

This is another steam death caused by aged steam heating systems.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Yesterday a new law firm contacted me regarding the case below. Next week I will be at the building taking pictures and sending in my report.

This is another steam death caused by aged steam heating systems.

My God what a tragedy.

How does something like this happen? Isn't steam heat under no real pressure so a steam pipe doesn't "burst"??

John

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Will be interesting to read about someday. No doubt, your work will obviously be legal work product for a long time to come.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Some of the cases I took on are really heart-breaking others are just some low life POS who had their own child burned hoping to collect a large settlement.

The new case I am going to on Feb the 27 or 28 depending on the metallurgist schedule.

Another "scalding" case against the NYCHA my appointment is 11 AM on the 21

5 cases are pending trial.

It is ironic how I fell into being an "expert witness."

It started in 1982 when I passed my NYC master plumbers license, and my lawyer asked me if I would go to another town and check the heating installation.

When I went to court the Judge asked how much I am being paid I said $100 and he said per hr I said no for the day.

Ther judge called me to his desk placed his hand over the mike and whispered "YOUR BEING SCREWED"

This is how I ended up charging $3,500 -$5,000 a day depending how far from my office.

This steam leak causing a death is the second case I am on the first one happened when 2 little girls died from scalding.

This case is STILL going on

https://abc7ny.com/children-burned-apartment-in-hunts-point-the-bronx/1645983/

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
0.jpg

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
The above picture is a newer case still pending . This gentleman passed out in the shower and the water temperature spiked to over 155 DEG F The front pictures are to large to post

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
The above picture is a newer case still pending . This gentleman passed out in the shower and the water temperature spiked to over 155 DEG F The front pictures are to large to post
good news was he was so drunk he didnt feel a thing till next day LOL

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Momma placed a child on a steam pipe hoping to make a fortune . By the time it went to trial the burns were gone.

The "Mother" called my office asking

"If my baby gets burned again can I get money"? I told her no child services wiill take the kid and she goes to jail or gets deported

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
This case is coming up soon. Some "Handyman" was hired to remove the tempering valve hoping to get hotter water for the laundry room.

It worked as the shower water spiked to over 191 DEG F

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Mom was bathing an infant in the kuitchen sink when this happened.

The temperature did spike higher at one point .. Case still pending

Attachments

• RM1.jpg
    RM1.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 21

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
My God what a tragedy.

How does something like this happen? Isn't steam heat under no real pressure so a steam pipe doesn't "burst"??

John
John people are hiring cheap unskilled labor to do service work . I have a case upcoming in another state where a mother was scalded to death while holding her baby in the shower. I do not know what happened to the baby yet.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Will be interesting to read about someday. No doubt, your work will obviously be legal work product for a long time to come.

I was actually written up in a law journal for a case against NYCHA and this was the best advertisement one can ever get.

Here I was hired on a case against a land mark hotel in Manhattan that was not related to burns

I WON this case by showing the "JIM CAP" was used on the Boston TY combination why and 1/8 bend as the rubber cap is contary to NYC code. the idiot engineer said it was "grand fathered in to the 1939 code"

Shame the moron didnt realize there WAS NO RUBBER caps in 1939 this case was just settled aftger all these years

https://www.docketalarm.com/cases/N...RKER_HOTEL_MANAGEMENT_COMPANY_INC._et_al/184/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks