Hardness total 200mg/L
Iron 0.80mg/L , after membrane filter 0.20mg/L
Manganese 0.047mg/L
H2S present around 0.01mg/L
PH 7.8
TDS 230
Tannin 0

4 person household 2.5 bathroom
Well is 110ft deep, was dug in October 2023, (house is band new) performance of the well is 300 gallons per hour.
20 gallon well-rite pressure tank and a GRUNDFOS ½HP 91545095 pump
I have 2 young children and water quality is utmost important for me, I want to completely remove Iron/manganese/h2s and lower hardness.

I was offered a KINETICO SIGNATURE 735 and a iron katalox system but the person trying to sell me the system didn't say for sure it would remove completely H2S and iron so I did some research on my own which brought me here :p

I found an online store selling Iron Rival 9x48 w/ Fleck 5800SXT Air Injection Oxidizer & 0.75 CF Filox Media (they also sell the katalox one for a couple of bucks cheaper)
Anyone used this system in the past? is it performing well?
For the softener I am a bit confused, should I go with a "traditional" softener or with one that is marketed as Concurrent Treatment of Hardness, Iron, Manganese, and Tannin/Organics? from my understanding I need to treat the 2 types of iron I have, but I'm not sure of the filox media will treat both.

Could I forgo the iron filter altogether if I use a softener with concurrent treatment?
I was told the Kinetico is more premium because it has 2 tank to switch from and uses less salt, what are the downside of having a softener with 1 tank?
What about salt free softener?

Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading me! can't wait to read replies and get educated!

Mswlogo

Reaction score
Since your Iron isn’t that high you might consider a water softener. It would bring hardness to 0, Iron to 0 and Manganese to 0.

You have high pH with helps Iron filters get the Manganese out. But if your pH dips, Iron filter might not get Manganese out.

newbobda

Reaction score
Since your Iron isn’t that high you might consider a water softener. It would bring hardness to 0, Iron to 0 and Manganese to 0.

You have high pH with helps Iron filters get the Manganese out. But if your pH dips, Iron filter might not get Manganese out.
thanks for your answer, a regular softener or a concurrent one? what about H2S, there is a smell when we run the faucet

Reach4

Reaction score
Softener will not remove H2S.

Sanitizing your well and plumbing will for a while. How long? Weeks, months, years? I think more rigorous gives longer.

There are other things to help if the H2S is just/primarily from the hot water.

I don't know what a concurrent softener would be, but the suggestion was for a regular softener.

newbobda

Reaction score
Softener will not remove H2S.

Sanitizing your well and plumbing will for a while. How long? Weeks, months, years? I think more rigorous gives longer.

There are other things to help if the H2S is just/primarily from the hot water.

I don't know what a concurrent softener would be, but the suggestion was for a regular softener.
thanks!, When I sanitized the well with bleach the smell went away for a while, around a month, but we arent living in the house just yet so the water is very underused at the moment