New heater running hot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hogan

Reaction score
Assume this is a dumb question but my new BW 75 gal Powervent, set at the middle detent where the manual says it is set to 120, seems to be at least 130-135 at that level. Should I just turn down the red knob another notch until I measure it around 120 or should I check the gas valve output pressure? (Eg if the burner is running at a higher pressure hotter fire than it should be or something).

Also I'm a little surprised these heaters just have that loose knob sitting right out there in the middle of everything for legs to brush past etc in my utility room. Do people just leave it or put a piece of tape over it or?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Turn the knob down if any of the manufacturers were that excited on having a close setpoint the would have temp settings not vacation, warm, hot.

Last edited:

Hogan

Reaction score
Turn the knob down if any of the manufacturers were that excited on having a close setpoint the would. Vacation, warm, hot, not temp

ok thanks, that's what I figured. I thought maybe these days I would have found a little digital control on these expensive water heaters but haha no, just a little unprotected knob

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks